Thanks my best friend - card and step by step tutorial

 Hello crafty friends!

I’m excited to share a beautiful card I made using the latest stamps from Polkadoodles. This project was such a joy to create, and I hope it inspires you to get crafty with your own stash of supplies!

For this card, I focused on creating a vibrant and cheerful design. The background was crafted using a blend of Distress Inks, which added a delightful burst of color and texture. 


Here’s a closer look at the process:

Background:

  1. Ink Blending: I started by applying various shades of Distress Inks to my cardstock, using blending brushes to achieve a smooth transition between colors. The bright yellows and greens created a fresh and lively base for the card.

  2. Stenciling: To add more interest, I used a stencil with a geometric pattern, lightly applying more Distress Ink over the top. This subtle layer added depth and complexity to the background.

  3. Splattering: For a touch of whimsy, I splattered some water droplets onto the inked background and blotted them off with a paper towel. This technique lifted some of the ink, creating a fun, speckled effect.

Floral Elements:

The focal point of the card is the gorgeous floral arrangement, featuring daisies and leaves from Polkadoodles' new stamp set.

  1. Layered Stencils: I used special layered stencils to create the floral elements. Starting with the base layer, I applied Distress Inks in varying shades to build up the flowers and leaves. Each layer added more depth and dimension to the images.

  2. Coloring with Distress Inks: Using blending brushes and Distress Inks, I carefully applied color through each stencil layer. The daisies' blues and the leaves' greens complemented the vibrant background perfectly.

  3. Dedicated Dies: After stenciling and coloring, I used the dedicated dies from Polkadoodles to cut out the floral elements. These dies matched the stamped images perfectly, making cutting quick and easy.

Finishing Touches:

  1. Sentiment: I stamped the sentiment "Thanks my best friend" directly onto the background using crisp black ink. This heartfelt message makes the card perfect for showing appreciation to a dear friend.

  2. Assembly: I adhered the flowers and leaves to the card using foam tape, creating a lovely 3D effect. The bee from that set was added last, buzzing around the flowers.

  3. Stitching Detail: To finish the card, I added a faux stitching border around the edges with a black pen, giving it a handcrafted, cozy feel.

I had so much fun making this card and I’m thrilled with how it turned out. The new stamps, stencils, and dies from Polkadoodles are incredibly versatile and perfect for all sorts of projects. I hope you enjoyed this peek into my creative process and feel inspired to make your own beautiful cards.





Happy crafting!

Comments

Popular Posts